Egg Roll in a Bowl
It’s a healthy meal that with a little planning can be ready in less than 30 minutes.
- Shredded Chicken (or ground pork, ground beef, ground turkey)
- 1 Package Broccoli Slaw (or Cole Slaw mix)
- 2 carrots chopped or grated
- 2 broccoli stalks chopped or grated
- Sliced Mushrooms (optional)
- 1 Teaspoon Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Hoisin Sauce
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- In a high-sided skillet or wok, brown the ground meat and remove it from the skillet/drain. (Skip this step if you use precooked shredded chicken). We like to slow cook chicken breasts in the crockpot on low for several hours. Then shred it for adding to the veggie mixture. I add a little of the broth to the wok before adding the vegetables.
- Add shredded veggies to the same skillet, toss until slightly wilted.
- Add rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, soy sauce, seasoning mix, and ginger.
- Add mushrooms (optional).
- Set heat to high and return ground meat. Add hoisin sauce. Mix vigorously.
- Serve by itself or over rice.
This makes 2 – 4 portions. It’s super easy and super yummy.